February 2022 Flooding - West Coast and Top of the South
A state of emergency remains in place across the Buller district on the West Coast as at 13 February 2022
Helpful links and numbers:
Farmers needing support around dealing with floods are encouraged to visit the MPI Website.
Farmers needing expert feed support to do a feed plan or to source supplementary feed should contact their levy body or Federated Farmers.
- DairyNZ: 0800 4 DairyNZ (0800 432 479 69)
- Beef + Lamb New Zealand: 0800 BEEFLAMB (0800 233 352)
- Federated Farmers: 0800 FARMING (0800 327 646)
Farmers who require wellbeing support should contact us, the Rural Support Trust on 0800 RURAL HELP or 0800 787 254.
Assistance measures can include:
- Resourcing for rural recovery co-ordination.
- Resource for on-farm farm clean-up. This could involve the co-ordination of volunteers or the use of Enhanced Taskforce Green.
- A boost for the Rural Support Trust to help serve communities with pastoral care, including organising local events and arranging recovery facilitators who work one-to-one with farmers and growers.
- Technology transfer activities and events.
- Other usual recovery measures, which may include tax flexibility and income assistance options, can be made available as appropriate.
Photo: Reefton - Federated Farmers